Thursday, September 30, 2010

Second day!

S.L. Project

My second day at Asa Messer Annex was much better. The only problem was that one of the teachers was snot even expecting me so it took her time to get materials ready. This extra time it took put me behind because we are on a very tight schedule in reading buddies at this school.

9:00-9:20 gather materials
9:25-9:55 observe in kindergarten class
10:00-10:25 bring students in room 4, go over sight words, do activity
10:30-10:55 bring 1st grade students to room 4, go over sight words, do activity

The teacher's schedules revolve around when I take these students from class. If something pushes me behind, the students have less time with me. Some of the students really need the help and to cut their time is unfair to them. I think that from now on the teachers will have a better idea of what I'm there to do and will have more materials for me and will be on time.

I feel better now about this school because I know I am directly helping students because I am working individually with them. I can tell that this one session helped them with some of their sight words and I feel they will only get better with time. I feel as though it will be a much better rest of the year now because the teachers have a better understanding of what I am there to do and how to help me to help the students.

2 comments:

  1. was im glad this time was better for you. but i know what you mean about tight schedules. i have to wait like 30 min for my teacher to get the kids from gym and take them to the bathroom and then i finally get to work with my 2 groups. i feel bad to cuz the kids really need help with reading to, but i think the scheduling aspect will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the schedule was a little off, it sounds like you are having a really good experience. So glad!! :)

    ReplyDelete