Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction

My name is Darlene Stearns and I am a sophmore at Rhode Island College. I currently live in Westerly, RI and I commute an hour to RIC 3 days a week. I am at this school to become an elementary teacher.

When I am not at school, I am either catching up on my work or I am working at my job. I am there over 25 hours a week and do not have much free time. I am a cashier at Walmart and have been for almost three years, although I am looking for a new job. I live with my parents and my sister, with a plan to move closer to school for my junior year.

My semester has had a slow start, but I feel that soon enough the work is going to get more intense. I think that all of my hard work is going to start in the next few weeks and will be unending until after exams. I am taking a "Perspectives on Africa" class which has surprisingly helped me with my other classes. In this class, my teacher doesn't only discuss Africa, but other world problems as well. I am also taking an Art History course which is very interesting. I'm learning more and more about ancient artifacts and history everyday in that class and it is very interesting. I highly suggest it to anyone. One class that I've found helpful was my introduction to computers class. I have been stressing about the technology test that we have to take and this class is going over almost everything that is going to be on the test and the teacher is always there for questions.

So overall, I am a very busy person who is extremly excited and nervous for this semester to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment