Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Confusion in the School

Day # 6
When I went to Asa Messer Annex Elementary this morning, I found out that it was picture day. People were setting up in my room that I work in. I could not find anyone at this point to tell me what to do about it. My kindergartners went to take their pictures as soon as I had to take them. I had less than 10 minutes with them. This did not help them one bit because the other tutors haven't been showing up, and when they do, are not doing Reading Buddies appropriately. I went to my first grade room, only had one student out of three. I was able to work with him for about 5 minutes before he had to leave for pictures. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed because I feel the kids will be pushed behind because of all of this and that's not what I want. :-/

I really hope everyone else is having a good time in their placements.
I am also, its just getting hardwhen these kids need so much help and they can't get it.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds really frustrating. do you have anyone at all in your school that you feel comfortable bringing it up to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not at all. i do reading buddies, and the woman in charge of it is never around or is completely unreachable. its just frustrating to see these kids get pushed soo far behind and wish there were more responsible volunteers that had the same feelings I do about it all.

    ReplyDelete